Vacancies at BioCote®
BioCote® is constantly on the look-out for talented individuals to join our team. If you feel you have the desired experience and skill-set for either of the opportunities detailed below, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we will endeavour to respond to all applications, please note that if you have not received a response from us within 2 weeks, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Business Development Executive, Coventry, Salary DOE
BioCote® Ltd is the world’s market-leading antimicrobial technology supplier. When manufactured into products, our additives provide the ultimate protection against microbes such as bacteria and mould. With over 20 year’s success, BioCote® has become synonymous with improved hygiene which is why we are the antimicrobial supplier of choice to leading brands, manufacturers and product innovators around the world.
As a consequence of business growth, BioCote® is now looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Business Development Executive to build on the commercial activity of our established sales team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, key responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets to ensure the business achieves its wider commercial objectives;
- Engaging with key decision makers within manufacturing companies to maintain a healthy pipeline of potential new business;
- Negotiating with customers at all levels to secure business and improve margins;
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings across an array of different sectors;
- Liaising with the wider business to strengthen market intelligence, strategise brand positioning and increase the number of sales leads;
- Recording and maintaining accurate customer data on BioCote’s internal CRM system; and
- Preparing and delivering sales reports on a weekly basis.
This role may also involve an element of international travel for the purpose of business meetings.
The ideal candidate:
As the ideal candidate, you will be a committed, diligent and inspiring sales professional with at least 3 years’ experience in a sales-orientated role. You will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and ideally have an understanding of the manufacturing sector. You will also be commercially minded with strong business acumen and good computer literacy skills.
Microbiologist, Coventry, Salary DOE
To meet the growing demands of our customers, BioCote® is now looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Microbiologist to join our technical team.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Measuring the antimicrobial performance of treated articles;
- Developing and assessing new products and chemical formulations;
- Quality control testing to ensure that partner products meet our minimum standards of antimicrobial efficacy;
- Analysing and processing data to create commercially meaningful information;
- Being aware of, and keeping up to date with, health & safety and regulatory issues;
- Liaising with key suppliers; and
- Working collaboratively with the Sales, Marketing and Administration Teams.
The ideal candidate:
As the ideal candidate, you will possess a degree in a science-related field (or equivalent) and have a strong professional background in microbiology laboratory work. You will be competent in the safe handling of microorganisms and in performing standard microbiology methods. Alongside technical competence, you will also be able to produce high-quality analytical work and help maintain the laboratory’s ISO accreditation. Experience with antimicrobial testing is desirable but not essential providing familiarity and competence in practical microbiology can be demonstrated.
- This is a permanent, full time role, although it may be possible for flexible hours for the right candidate.
- All methodological training will be provided.
- It is important to have an understanding of GLP requirements, CoSHH and risk assessments.
- To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.