For over 90 years, Curtiss-Wright surface technologies have provided customers with a single-source solution and point of contact for all their controlled material surface treatments, supporting their requirements through their global network of over 70 worldwide facilities and on-site field teams, improving and reducing turnaround times and costs.
Introducing the Fluregiene 200™
Curtiss-Wright has partnered with BioCote® to expand their fluoropolymer coating product range to create Fluregiene 200™: an antimicrobial* coating that is ideally suited for many surfaces and environments.
Based on existing Everlube coating technology, the new Fluregiene 200™ is a unique fluoropolymer coating that offers low friction, easy-clean properties combined with superb chemical and abrasion resistance. With a view to improving hygiene standards, Curtiss-Wright has integrated BioCote® antimicrobial technology to protect the coating from microbes such as bacteria, mould and fungi. Benefits of applying antimicrobial technology into the Fluregiene 200™ include:
- Low COF Surface coating (0.08 – 0.2 static)
- Corrosion resistance and excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent chip and abrasion resistance
- Reduces and prevents build-up of contaminates
- Excellent flexibility
- Dirt and debris less likely to attach to the surface
Microbial & bacteria growth inhibitor
- Using patented BioCote® antimicrobial technology against microbial growth
- Inhibits and reduces microbial growth on protected coating
- Protects treated surfaces against bad odours, staining and material degradation
Easy clean and reduced cleaning intervals
- Provides continual microbial reduction on coating
- High PTFE content allows easy wipe down and cleaning
- Provides more hygienic and cleanable surface than brushed or finished steels
Applicable in a wide range of products as door handles, elevator buttons, airport seating and gym equipment, the Fluregiene 200™ will be highly beneficial for these surfaces. BioCote® also has real-life data to support the application of this antimicrobial technology in environments such as health care, transport, education, public areas and much more.
If you are interested in the antimicrobial product range of Curtiss-Wright or in protecting your own products with proven BioCote® antimicrobial technology, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of the team on +44 2477 712489. Alternatively, you can contact us here.
*BioCote® technology does not protect users or others against disease causing bacteria, germs, viruses or other harmful organisms. This technology is not a substitute for good hygiene and/or cleaning practises.