Antimicrobial Product Specification Guidelines
Selling via specification is an everyday occurrence. For many BioCote® partners, the ability to change perceptions and influence thinking is fundamental to either: getting your product specified and/or overturning an existing specification.
Your ability to realise the full potential of your BioCote® protected product could be the difference between getting your product specified or not. To help you with this, we have provided information about your BioCote® antimicrobial feature for you to integrate into existing specification materials.
The information provided is a collection of data, facts and figures and intended to expand on the following statement:
If you choose to expand beyond this, more detail can be added by including some or all of the information provided within this page.
For your ease we have split this information into the following 3 categories:
- The technology supplier is capable of demonstrating a Certified Quality Management system encompassing products and their supply by existing, independently-derived ISO9001 accreditation.
- The technology supplier is capable of demonstrating responsible, ethical accountable environmental policy with respect to their operation by existing, independently-derived ISO14001 accreditation.
- Antimicrobial technology provider’s instructions, technical expertise, customer support systems, customer agreements and customer product test systems have been evaluated and found to be suitable for verifying efficacy by HACCP International and granted certification accordingly.
- Product has been validated and certified to exceed an antimicrobial performance of >95% reduction in microbes
- The antimicrobial performance of the product has been measured using internationally recognised testing standards and protocols relevant to the nature of the treated material.
- The relevant standard tests should include but are not confined to:
– ISO22196:2011, JIS Z2801:2010, ASTM E2149:13a and ASTM G21:15
- Antimicrobial product must be accompanied with Certificate of Analysis produced by an independent or suitably accredited laboratory.
- Product must be subjected to regular quality control testing schedule with certificates of testing as evidence of this Regular being defined as within a 12 month period.
- Antimicrobial efficacy of product must be attributed to presence of technology’s active substance, not other factors
- BioCote antimicrobial additives are introduced to products during the manufacturing process to provide built-in protection against the effects of microbes.
- The BioCote antimicrobial additives are introduced to products during the manufacturing process to provide built-in protection against the effects of microbesThe antimicrobial technology has been empirically proven to eliminate up to 99.99% of both Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli after 24 hours, up to 99.95% of these bacteria after 2 hours and up to 80% of these organisms after 15 minutes.
- The technology has shown a sustained performance after manufactured materials have been subjected to and artificial aging process for the equivalent of 25 years.
The technology is compliant to US and European regulations:
– Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (EPA, US)
– Biocide Products Regulation, EU Directives 528/2012, 1907/2006, 2011/65/EU.
- All antimicrobial materials supplied must be compliant with the new Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) List of REACH, last updated on 04/01/2017.
- The antimicrobial technology is certified and meets the requirements of a HACCP based Food Safety Programme, noting the conditions of the certification statement Food Zone Classification: FZPThe technology is not based on any form of nanotechnology.
- The technology has been empirically shown not to leach from or wash out of a treated material tested to British Standard BS 6920:2014.
- The active substance is not classified as toxic to humans by the appropriate bodies.
- The technology is resistant to exposure to commonly used cleaning disinfectants.
- The technology has been proven to be efficacious against a wide range of microbes – bacteria, mould