BioCote is constantly on the look-out for talented individuals to join our team. If you feel you have the desired experience and skill-set for one of the opportunities detailed below, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we will endeavour to respond to all applications, please note that if you have not received a response from us within 2 weeks, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Technical Manager, Coventry, Salary DOE
Microbiology is a fundamental part of BioCote’s business practice and another area in which we excel. This is why we are now looking to recruit an experienced Microbiologist who can further strengthen our team and run the daily operations of the Technical Department.
This will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Managing all laboratory testing;
• Technical document/ report writing;
• Providing high-quality technical support to assist the company’s commercial activity;
• Representing the company in a microbiological/ technical capacity to our customers and other professional organisations; and
• Supervising product development.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong record of microbiology work at PhD level. You will possess a background in ‘industry’ and have extensive experience of managing a team. Ideally, you will also be familiar with Quality Manual Systems (i.e. ISO accreditation) and presenting to large audiences. Experience with antimicrobial testing is desirable but not essential, providing competence in practical microbiology can be demonstrated.
Summary of Qualification/ Key Skill Requirements:
• PhD in microbiology;
• Strong experience in team management;
• Ability to support new business activity as well as maintain existing customer sales by providing high-quality technical support and information;
• Aptitude for problem-solving; and
• Ability to contribute to technical excellence and innovation within the team.
• Familiarity with antimicrobial technology, treated materials and testing;
• Familiarity with commercial settings including presenting;
• Understanding of Biocidal Regulations; and
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Methodological training will be provided to the right candidate.
• You must be fully IT literate and able to contribute to the company’s blog by composing and signing-off technical articles.
• You will report to the company’s director.
• This is a laboratory and office-based role.
• To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Graphic Designer, Coventry, £25k p/a
As a consequence of business growth, BioCote is now looking for a talented and passionate Graphic Designer to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will primarily be responsible for driving the creative direction of online and offline campaigns, ensuring all content is supported with original and imaginative design work.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with key stakeholders to understand company objectives and produce high-impact visual content which clearly communicates BioCote’s brand identity;
• Supporting the Marketing Manager throughout the execution of both internal and external campaigns across an array of different channels;
• Maintaining company website in relation to content, graphics and CMS updates;
• Preparing and proofing final artwork designs, including business cards and company letterhead, which will be sent to an external printing company for production;
• Continuously monitoring trends in the digital landscape and adjust creative output depending on findings; and
• Ensuring all creative design work is produced within budget and to the given deadlines.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
• Possess at least 3+ years’ experience in a graphic design/creative role;
• Possess excellent skills in Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop and Microsoft Office;
• Have extensive experience in web design, HTML/CSS and email;
• Have the ability to manage an array of different projects, often within tight deadlines;
• Be a creative chameleon, adapting your design skills depending on the target audience; and
• Have outstanding attention to detail.