Vacancies at BioCote
BioCote is constantly on the look-out for talented individuals to join our team. If you feel you have the desired experience and skill-set for one of the opportunities detailed below, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Whilst we will endeavour to respond to all applications, please note that if you have not received a response from us within 2 weeks, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Technical Manager, Coventry, Salary DOE
Microbiology is a fundamental part of BioCote’s business practice and another area in which we excel. This is why we are now looking to recruit an experienced Microbiologist who can further strengthen our team and run the daily operations of the Technical Department.
This will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Managing all laboratory testing;
• Technical document/ report writing;
• Providing high-quality technical support to assist the company’s commercial activity;
• Representing the company in a microbiological/ technical capacity to our customers and other professional organisations; and
• Supervising product development.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong record of microbiology work at PhD level. You will possess a background in ‘industry’ and have extensive experience of managing a team. Ideally, you will also be familiar with Quality Manual Systems (i.e. ISO accreditation) and presenting to large audiences. Experience with antimicrobial testing is desirable but not essential, providing competence in practical microbiology can be demonstrated.
Summary of Qualification/ Key Skill Requirements:
• PhD in microbiology;
• Strong experience in team management;
• Ability to support new business activity as well as maintain existing customer sales by providing high-quality technical support and information;
• Aptitude for problem-solving; and
• Ability to contribute to technical excellence and innovation within the team.
• Familiarity with antimicrobial technology, treated materials and testing;
• Familiarity with commercial settings including presenting;
• Understanding of Biocidal Regulations; and
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Methodological training will be provided to the right candidate.
• You must be fully IT literate and able to contribute to the company’s blog by composing and signing-off technical articles.
• You will report to the company’s director.
• This is a laboratory and office-based role.
• To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Sales Manager, Coventry, Salary DOE
BioCote is now looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Sales Manager to drive the commercial activity of our established sales team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, key responsibilities will include:
- Management of day-to-day activities within the sales team;
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets through the implementation of a strategic sales plan to ensure the business achieves its wider commercial objectives;
- Liaising with the Marketing Manager to strengthen market intelligence, strategise brand positioning and increase the number of sales leads;
- Preparation, maintenance and delivery of sales reports on a weekly basis;
- Engaging with key decision makers within manufacturing companies to maintain a healthy pipeline of potential new business;
- Negotiating with customers at all levels to secure business and improve margins; and
- Territory management, ensuring leads are divided equally between all members of the sales team.
This role may also involve an element of international travel for the purpose of business meetings.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a committed, diligent and inspiring sales professional with at least 3 years’ experience in a sales-orientated role. You will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and ideally have an understanding of the manufacturing sector. You will also be commercially minded with strong business acumen and good computer literacy skills.