WANTED: Technical Manager
Microbiology is a fundamental part of BioCote’s business practice and another area in which we excel. This is why we are now looking to recruit an experienced and talented Microbiologist who can further strengthen our team and run the daily operations of the Technical Department.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Managing all laboratory testing;
- Technical document/ report writing;
- Providing high-quality technical support to assist the company’s commercial activity;
- Representing the company in a microbiological/ technical capacity to our customers and other professional organisations; and
- Supervising product development.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong record of microbiology work at PhD level. You will possess a background in ‘industry’ and have extensive experience of managing a team. Ideally, you will also be familiar with Quality Manual Systems (i.e. ISO accreditation) and presenting to large audiences. Experience with antimicrobial testing is desirable but not essential, providing competence in practical microbiology can be demonstrated.
Summary of Qualification/ Key Skill Requirements
- PhD in microbiology;
- Strong experience in team management;
- Ability to support new business activity as well as maintain existing customer sales by providing high-quality technical support and information;
- Aptitude for problem-solving; and
- Ability to contribute to technical excellence and innovation within the team.
- Familiarity with antimicrobial technology, treated materials and testing;
- Familiarity with commercial settings including presenting;
- Understanding of Biocidal Regulations; and
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Methodological training will be provided to the right candidate.
- You must be fully IT literate and able to contribute to the company’s blog by composing and signing-off technical articles.
- You will report to the company’s director.
- This is a laboratory and office-based role.
- To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Negotiable, dependant on experience.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the appropriate background and skill-set for this position, please send your CV and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Whilst we will endeavour to respond to all candidates, please note that if you have not heard back from us within two weeks, your application will have been unsuccessful.